"You can't do what you want, until you know what you are doing." -- Moshe Feldenkrais
We seek support to create change in our lives. By bringing awareness to all that we do, we have a better chance at being/doing/feeling how we want. Much of what we are doing lies hidden from our everyday consciousness. Together we'll explore the hidden details of what you are doing, so that you can begin to do what you want.
Because of this philosophy...
My general approach is to NOT fix, solve, or offer advice, but to deepen our understanding of what is present in your life. Doing so often reveals the next natural step in your process. We'll use the safe container of our relationship to play and experiment with each new step. Resolution and authenticity often follow.
We'll accomplish all this by:
- Noticing and exploring the felt sense
- Mindfully staying with what's present
- Experimenting with different ways of being
- Creating homework aimed at integrating and practicing new learnings
No experience with the above is necessary. I'll guide as we work at your pace.
WHO AM I?
My path to becoming a counselor and guide began several years ago. In the midst of a personal crisis, I found myself confused, hurting from wounds, and grieving the loss of my father and the end of longterm relationship. Unsure about my desire to live, my pain outgrew my shame for needing help, I reached out for support. A skilled counselor and guide offered me a space unlike any I knew existed, one full of permission, compassion, and truth. Slowly, crisis grew into inspiration to help others in a way that actually makes a difference.
A life long learner I've spent years studying in the fields of counseling, psychology, mindfulness, nutrition and spirituality. I've completed formal trainings through the Interchange Counseling Institute, and The Hakomi Institute of California.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME.....
One of my creative outlets is food. I worked at Michelin starred restaurants and high quality casual establishments for years, to pay for education and travel. I am still inspired by and lean on the lessons I learned about food, people, nourishment and art while working in restaurants.
Growing up in the midwest offered a healthy dose of an active and athletic childhood. I shamelessly still love participating in, or watching a good game when I can.
I am a husband, son, brother, nephew, uncle, and soon to be father.
- Graduate, Interchange Counseling Institute 2013-14
- Faculty, Interchange Counseling Institute 2014-16
- Hakomi Practitioner in Training, Hakomi Institute of California (300 hour comprehensive training) 2016-current
- Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, 2018
- Co-Founder of Real Talk Events . An event company designed to inspire learning, and authentic connection about what it's like to be alive in these times.
- Founding Member, East Bay Counseling Collective
- Executive Coaching Practice, Leading Leaders Inc., Global Leadership Consultancy.
- 500+ Hours Street Counseling with a diverse client base.
- Additional weekend or ongoing courses in Diversity, Social Justice, Process Work/Deep Democracy 2010-current
- Undergraduate Degree: UC Berkeley 2007.
**I am not a licensed psychotherapist, and I do not practice psychotherapy. I do not address mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. My counseling assumes the mental health of the client.**